Prerequisites and restrictions
BA degree (or equivalent) in Archaeology or a relevant discipline.
SAP and exchange students: admission after approval by the Graduate School of Archaeology.
In the third phase of this specialisation, students will experience archaeological heritage management in practice. They may perform their own small dedicated study, or participate in on-going research of the lecturers or organise a short internship at a heritage management organisation. They make a project proposal, carry out the project and write a report on the results.
- Ability to write a dedicated project proposal;
- Ability to organise contacts with organisations, experts and practitioners;
- Ability to successfully carry out a project within a limited period of time;
- Ability to write a report on the results;
- Experiencing heritage management in daily life.
Mode of delivery
The capacity to carry out a project is assessed through the students report on the results and the findings of the tutor that guided the project or internship.
The required literature depends on the subject of the project.
Course schedule details can be found in the MA time schedule.