After approval of the lecturer.
Under the guidance of the lecturer and in consultation with the curator for Classical South and Southeast Asia or the curator for Insular Southeast Asia the student selects a set of objects in the National Museum of Ethnology, describes these in the museum format, and analyses them in their cultural context.
- Practical experience in a museum setting
- Insight into the history of museum collections and the role of objects as cultural heritage
- Advanced knowledge of and insight into the art and material culture of South and/or Southeast Asia in its cultural context
- Improvement of academic writing skills
Mode of instruction
- Object descriptions in a museum format
- Paper (4000 words)
In consultation with the lecturer.
Registration via uSis is obligatory.