The student should be fluent in C/C++ programming.
The goal of this course is to create a foundation (theory and programming) for understanding the current and future technology underlying computer graphics. Our intention is to create a synergistic mixture of theory and practice. The first part of the class begins with introductory lectures into the mathematical fundamentals and workshops in programming 3D graphics. In the second half of the semester, the class moves to current state of the art methods which are presented by the students. Examples of typical subjects which will be covered are:
- 3D modeling
- 3D lighting & effects
- Real time rendering
- Advanced applications and systems
At the end of the Computer Graphics course, the student should be able to
- understand the theoretical/mathematical fundamentals in computer graphics
- understand the programming fundamentals in computer graphics
- understand the current strengths and weaknesses of 3D graphics algorithms
- have insight into ray tracing algorithms
- have insight into illumination and rendering
- have insight into interactive line and surface models
- have insight into high performance computer graphics software systems
- have insight into theoretical and practical problems in computer graphics
- build a computer graphics program
The most recent version of the schedule can be found on the Liacs website
- student discussions
- software assignments
The final grade is composed of:
- Presentation (30%)
- Software assignments/workshops (20%)
- Project or Exam (50%)
- All educational materials are supplied digitally.
- Optional reading: Computer Graphics Using Open GL by F. S. Hill, Jr.
(Prentice-Hall, 2001 or later, ISBN: 0-02-354856-8) 2006 – 3rd Edition: ISBN-13: 978-0131496705
- Research papers from recent ACM conferences and journals
Aanmelden via Usis: Selfservice > Sudentencentrum > Inschrijven
Activiteitencodes te vinden via de facultaire website
Voor studenten die niet staan ingeschreven voor de bachelor Informatica is er een beperkte capaciteit. Neem contact op met de studieadviseur.
Onderwijscoördinator Informatica, M. Derogee
Voor dit vak schuiven I&E-studenten aan bij de informaticastudenten in het Snelliusgebouw in Leiden.