Alleen voor hoofdvakkers LAS
Overview of major issues, theories, and research methods in Spanish applied linguistics. This course exposes students to a range of theoretical issues and practical methods used in the study of first and second language acquisition, language use, and bilingualism in the Spanish speaking world. This includes research and experimental methods examining production, comprehension, and use of language; naturalistic studies and methods, including longitudinal data collection/analysis and sociolinguistic and ethnographic approaches; and methods relevant to children versus adults. Students will gain experience designing studies that might be conducted using different methodological approaches. Students will become familiar with different methods used in and will learn about the strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
- To become familiar with theories, methods, and findings in the field of Spanish applied linguistics
- To be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the different methodologies explored
- To be able to articulate an in-depth knowledge of some of the strengths and weaknesses of each approach studied
Collegerooster (derde jaar)
1 werkstuk (70%), 1 presentatie (30%)
Blackboard gives information about this course
Silvina Montrul, El bilingüismo en el mundo hispanohablante (2012 Wiley-Blackwell)
Studenten die willen deelnemen aan het onderwijs moeten zich daarvoor aanmelden via het Universitair Studenteninformatiesysteem (uSis).
- Students are expected to come to class prepared and ready to participate in class discussion. All readings assigned for the week must be done prior to class. Every student is expected to contribute to class discussion through oral questions and comments every class. In order to facilitate class discussion, students will write a response to the weekly readings.
- A detailed class syllabus will be provided on the first day of class.
dr. M. Parafita Couto