Niet van toepassing
In a dynamic world organizations must constantly optimize, update, and monitor the execution of their processes to stay competitive and efficient. These processes are developed on the basis of organizational targets and strategic goals, but of course the underlying IT landscape is also of influence on process design, development, implementation, and execution. In this course business and IT come together and will the concepts of business process management, supporting technologies, and their relationships be highlighted.
In the course the following BPM and BI (related) topics are covered:
- Total quality management
- Business process reengineering
- Workflow management
- Service oriented architecture
- Agile (development) processes
- Business Rules Management
- Process execution monitoring
- Workflow execution
- Business process mining
- Petri nets
- Business Process Management Notation (BPMN)
- Big data
By the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Be aware of the most relevant concepts and achievements in this research area.
- Be able to model a business process in a common notation and
- Understand the differences, strengths, and weaknesses of specific modeling languages.
- Be able to undertake an independent research project into business process mining.
- Be able to apply data mining methods like CRISP-DM in an organizational context.
Het meest recente rooster is te vinden op de Liacs website
Per week 2 uur hoorcollege gevolgd door 2 uur werkcollege
The grades are determined for 60% by the practical part and for 40% by the exam. The practical part consists of writing a paper about the application of data mining and business intelligence in business processes.
The following book is compulsary for the course:
Process Mining: Discovery, Conformance and Enhancement of Business Processes by Wil van der Aalst.
Furthermore, the literature for the course will take the form of a collection of scientific articles that are discussed during the lectures. For the practical part we will make use of open source tools.
Aanmelden via Usis: Selfservice > Sudentencentrum > Inschrijven
Activiteitencodes te vinden via de facultaire website
Voor studenten die niet staan ingeschreven voor de bachelor Informatica is er een beperkte capaciteit. Neem contact op met de studieadviseur.
Onderwijscoördinator Informatica en Economie, mr. J. Havelaar
Dit vak wordt gegeven in het Snellius-gebouw in Leiden!