This course is only available for students in the BA International Studies.
Prerequisites: Korean 1 and 2
This course is designed to enhance listening comprehension and oral competence with heavy focus on communication skills. Students will enhance fluency through various class activities, e.g. role-playing, interviewing and group activities. Various learning activities including watching-and-listening exercises using clips from television programs and films will make learning enjoyable.
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate
• Students will learn how to describe experiences, impressions, how to give reasons for opinions, how to explain plans .
• Students will develop interaction skills to participate into conversation on topics that are familiar, on topics of personal interest or everyday life.
• Students will gain the knowledge and understanding of Intermediate Korean grammar and vocabulary
The course aims at the A2/B1 level of the Common European Framework (CEFR).
The timetable will be available on the BA International Studies website this autumn.
Mode of instruction
Attending lectures and tutorials is compulsory. If you are not able to attend a lecture or tutorial, please inform the tutor of the course. Being absent without notification can result in a lower grade or exclusion from the final exam or essay.
- 4 exams (2 written and 2 oral exams) of every 6 weeks (40%), preparation and homework (50%), continuous assessment throughout the course (10%) – Exams during the lesson – No need to register for the exam
Blackboard will be used. Students are requested to register on Blackboard for this course.
Y.M. Cho, H.S. Lee et. al., 2010. Integrated Korean Textbook, Intermediate 1 , Second edition, University of Hawaií Press.
M.J. Park, J.W. Suh et. al., 2010, Integrated Korean Workbook, Intermediate 1 , Second edition, University of Hawaií Press.
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
- Teacher: Dr. J.H. Park – Language of instruction: Korean and English