This course is only available for students in the BA International Studies with a A2 Spanish level or Spanish Beginners. You will need to contact your studies coordinator in order to do an exam and check your level.
This is a language course for pre- intermediate students, that it has a communicative approach. Attention will be paid to the use of the language in practical everyday situations. The course is going to be divided into lecture and practical classes. The focus will be on listening, speaking, reading, and writing. For this purpose, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar and the most important standard phrases will be taught as the key elements of this course.
*(Audio)visual reception (reading): B1
Written production (writing): A2+; B1
*Listening: A2+; B1 *Oral productions (speaking): B1 ### Timetable
The timetable is available on the BA International Studies website
Mode of instruction
Three two hour tutorials every week
Attending lectures and tutorials is compulsory. If you are not able to attend a lecture or a tutorial, please inform the tutor of the course. Being absent without notification can result in a lower grade or exclusion from the final exam or essay.
- Total course load for the course 10 EC: 280 hours – Hours spent on attending lectures and seminars: 6 hours per week x 12 weeks = 72 hours – Time for studying and preparation of the course: 5 hours per week x 12 week = 60 hours – Time to write an assignment in other language (including reading / research): 4 assignments: 148 hours
- Midterm exam: 25%
- 2 Assignments in class: 7.5% each
- Listening evaluation: 10%
- Final exam:
a. 1st Part: grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension: 35%,
b. 2nd Part: speaking and listening: 15%
The resit will be a written exam of two hours, and will test if the students have reached the end level of this semester. This exam consists of the following components:
• Reading and writing;
• Written dialogue;
• Vocabulary and grammar.
• Gente hoy 2. Libro del alumno. Ed. Difusión. 2013
Gente hoy 2. Libro de trabajo. Ed. Difusión. 2013
Gramática básica del estudiante de español. Rosario Alonso Raya,, Alejandro Castañeda Castro, Pablo Martínez Gila. Editorial Difusión.
• The Oxford Essential Spanish Dictionary; Ed. Oxford University Press. 2010
• Palabras, Methode woordenschatverwerving Spaans; Ed. Coutinho. 2011
Enrolment through uSis is mandatory.
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
- M. V. Alcalde, email email@example.com
85% attendance in class is recquired.
Passing this course is an additional requirement for a positive Study Recommendation at the end of the year.