This course is only available for students in the BA International Studies who have passed Spanish 1 Pre-intermediate and Spanish 2 Upper-intermediate.
This is a language course for advance students, that it has a communicative approach. Attention will be paid to the use of the language in practical everyday situations. The course is going to be divided into lecture and practical classes. The focus will be on listening, speaking, reading, and writing. For this purpose, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar and the most important standard phrases will be taught as the key elements of this course.
(Audio)visual reception (reading): B2/C1
Written production (writing): B2+
Oral productions (speaking): B2/C1
The timetable will be available on the BA International Studies website this autumn.
Mode of instruction
Two two hour tutorials every week
Attending lectures and tutorials is compulsory. If you are not able to attend a lecture or a tutorial, please inform the tutor of the course. Being absent without notification can result in a lower grade or exclusion from the final exam or essay.
- Total course load for the course 5 EC: 140 hours – Hours spent on attending lectures and seminars: 4 hours per week x 12 weeks = 48 hours – Time for studying and preparation of the course: 5 hours per week x 12 week = 60 hours – Time to write an assignment in other language (including reading / research): 4 assignments: 32 hours
- 4 Assignments in class: 10% each – Listening evaluation: 10% – Final exam:
1st Part: grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension: 30%
2nd Part: speaking and listening: 20%
The resit will be a written exam of two hours, and will test if the students have reached the end level of this semester. This exam consists of the following components:
Reading and writing;
Vocabulary and grammar.
- AULA INTERNACIONAL 5 Nueva Edición B2.2, AAVV. Editorial: DIFUSIÓN- INTERTAAL ISBN: 9789462931350
• The Oxford Essential Spanish Dictionary; Ed. Oxford University Press. 2010
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
- M. V. Alcalde, email email@example.com
80% attendance in class is required.