Prior approval of the study advisor is needed for assistantships by submitting a petition request in usis. Master students can only include one practical assistance in their master programme (after approval) and should have established a concept master study program.
The MSc student will assist in a BSc course indicated under “Timetable” by organizing practical and theoretical course material, by coaching BSc students during practicals, and by giving lectures.
Detailed descriptions of practical assistance per course are published on Blackboard in “Teaching Programme Biology” > Master
- To obtain hands on experience in teaching.
- The MSc student will learn how to coach BSc students.
An MSc student with registered experience in teaching at BSc level.
Practical Assistance for Msc students is possible for the following Bsc courses:
- Year 1: Basispracticum 1: Teacher J. van den Brink, September – October, 10 EC
- Year 1: Basispracticum 2: Teacher J. van den Brink, October – December, 10 EC
- Year 1: Biodiversiteit Dier: Teacher M. Hooykaas, March, 6 EC
- Year 1: Biologie van het Organisme: M. Hooykaas, April, 6 EC
- Year 2: Zoologie en Ontwikkelingsbiologie: Teacher A. Haramis, October, 6 EC
- Year 2: Celbiologie en kanker: Teacher E. Snaar, April, 2 EC
- Year 2: Immunobiologie: Teacher A.H. Meijer, Mei, 2 EC
- Year 3: General Research Skills: Teacher H. van Mil, February, 3 EC
- Year 3: Minor Biodiversity and Natural Environment: Teacher A. Gittenberger, Sept/Oct, 6 EC
Mode of instruction
Before the start of each course the assistants are expected to read and understand the course manual and the corresponding theoretical book(s). Furthermore, they will be introduced into how to coach and teach BSc students.
Assessment will be based on the quality of the coaching.
For assistantship prior approval of the study advisor is needed, by submitting a petition request in Usis. After approval you have to register in Usis.
Prior approval of the study advisor is needed. More information and the rules for assistantships are published on Blackboard in “Teaching Programme Biology” > Master.