Research Project I trains students to independently conduct scientific research in one of the Divisions of the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR). The research takes 36 weeks of 40 hours a week, including writing the thesis and preparing the oral presentation (‘colloquium’). Guidelines for Research Project I are available on the Blackboard module ‘Opleiding BFW/BPS’.
Master students of Bio-pharmaceutical Sciences. The student has written a research proposal, and has attended the mandatory safety training (part of “Introduction course BPS”).
Mode of instruction
Practical work, self study, discussions.
- The student is able to make use of his/her knowledge when conducting experiments
- The student has demonstrated competence in the applied experimental activities of the project
- The student is able to work independently
- The student is able to contribute new ideas
- The student is able to conduct innovative research and shows academic attitude
- The student is able to function adequately in the research group
Application via uSis after consulting with study adviser and Division.