Students admitted to MA East Asian Studies 60ec, Japan track. Successful completion of Advanced reading & writing in Japanese (10 ec) in semester 1.
In this relatively short course, students will focus on developing skills to be able to express and discuss their professional field of study. Language activities are organized in order to develop and enhance logical thinking further. Students will also receive training in developing practical skills such as writing e-mails.
In addition to the development and enhancement of logical thinking, students will also receive training in developing skills necessary to both present and produce texts about specialized topics.
The timetable is available on the Asianstudies website
Mode of instruction
Total : 140 hrs
* Classes : 24 hrs (2hrsX2/week over 6 weeks)
* Text reading and class preparations: 40 hrs
* Preparation for the oral presentation: 16 hrs
* Preparation for the Kanji Quizzes: 20 hrs
* Writing Assignments: 20 hrs
* Extra activity: 20 hrs
- Participation element (attendance, assignments, Kanji&Vocabulary Quiz): 40%
- Oral presentation: 20%
- Final exams (reading & writing): 40%
The re-sit exam for the final exam is available to students whose mark of the final exam is insufficient.
Students may request an oral elucidation of the assessment within 30 days after publication of the grade.
See for more information:Blackboard
担当者作成教材(materials will be provided by the instructor)