BA3- course “Classical Chinees III” or comparable course.
This course consists of intensive reading of art historical texts in classical Chinese language for MA students who have successfully completed their studies of Classical Chinese at BA level.
- Understand vocabulary in Chinese art history
- Expand grammatical knowledge and refine reading skills
- Refine translation skills
- Use dictionaries and other relevant sources
The timetable is available on the Asianstudies website
Mode of instruction
5 EC = 140 hours total
- Weekly seminars: 12 × 2 hours (24 hours total )
- Class preparation (complete assignments and readings): 5 × 12 hours (60 hours total)
- Preparing assignments: 10 hours
- Final essay: 46 hours
- Class participation and and assignments 40%
- Final Essay 60
Students must complete all requirements (participation, assignments, final essay) to pass the course.
There is no resit opportunity for participation and assignments. The resit for the final essay is only available to students whose final grade is insufficient. The resit will then make up 100% of the grade.
Students may request an oral elucidation of the assessment within 30 days after publication of the grade.
Blackboard (https://blackboard.leidenuniv.nl/) is usded in the course.
Students must self-enrol on Blackboard, which is used for posting syllabus, class communications, and essay submission.
Enrolment through uSis is mandatory.