The Mentorship course is an obligatory part of the first-year BA Dutch Studies programme.
This non-credit course is designed to offer students instruction and practice in academic skills, such as:
- study skills, time management
- reading and skimming academic literature
- library skills, assessing (online) resources
The students will improve their skills in:
- using their study time efficiently, studying effectively
- identifying the main topics and the main ideas in academic lectures and publications
- finding relevant literature and assessing its general quality and reliability
The timetable is available on the Dutch Studies website
The classes take place 3 times during the year. For detailed information, please, consult the Blackboard page of the course.
Mode of instruction
Interactive lectures and tutorials.
- No credits (= 0 EC)
- 2 hours x 3 classes = 6 hours
- Self-study of the library’s online tutorials = 2 hours
Obligartory attendance, active participation
Blackboard will be used for
* general course information
* a detailed timetable
* distributing course material
If you are experiencing problems with the registration in uSis, please contact the secretary’s office
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs