All specialisation courses can be followed as electives in all other master specialisations.
Below you will find a list of courses from biology related Institutes (Faculty of Science or LUMC) which are approved by the Board of Examiners and can be followed as electives.
You are free to look for other elective courses that are not in this list from other master specialisations in the e-Prospectus. Make sure you check whether the course is registered as ‘Elective choice’. For these courses you have to ask for permission from the Board of Examiners before the start of the course. You can do this via a petition request in USIS and an email to the study advisor.
Succesfully finished the Orientation course, and established a concept MSc programme approved by the Board of Examiners. For admission requirements for the specific courses, please look at the course description of that course.
For specific information about admission requirements, registration and schedules you can contact the course coordinator that is mentioned in the course description, see e-Prospectus of the MSc specialisation organizing the course.
Faculty of Science
- Cell adhesion signaling in health and disease (level 500, 4 EC)
- Drug Delivery (level 500, 4 EC)
- Regulation of Drug Safety (level 500, 4 EC)
- Signal Transduction and Hallmarks of Cancer (adapted from Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Death) (level 500, 4 EC)
- Evolutionary Algorithms (level 500, 6 EC)
- Complex networks (level 400, 6 EC)
- Databases and data mining (level 500, 6 EC)
- Multicriteria optimization and decision analysis (level 500, 6 EC)
Life Science and Technology
- In-vivo biomolecular interactions underlying diseases (level 500, 6 EC)
- Advances in Neurophysiology (level 500, 6 EC)
- Allogeneic Transplantation and Immunotherapy: From Bench to Bedside (level 500, 6 EC)
- Biological Mechanisms of Ageing and Development (level 500, 4 EC)
- Biomedical Translational Research in Surgery (level 500, 4 EC)
- Clinical Pharmacology (level 500, 4 EC)
- Proteomics in Biomedical Research (level 500, 6 EC)
- Depression and other Stress Related Disorders (level 500, 6 EC)
- Finding new causes of thrombosis: the clinical-epidemiological approach. From idea to publication (level 500, 6 EC)
- Imaging in Neurosciences (level 500, 6 EC)
- Molecular Virology of RNA Viruses (level 500, 6 EC)
- Pathogen Host Interactions (level 500, 6 EC)
- Regulation of the Immune Response in Human Disease (level 500, 6 EC)
- The Pathophysiology of Coagulation (level 500, 6 EC)