This information is subject to changes.
Update March 9th 2021: this program is replacement for the course Social Science Lab
The focus of the orientation program is on:
Community building and connecting to your fellow students within the Honours FSW track and with your coach
Getting acquainted with the main themes of the Honours FSW track: 1. Sustainability and Health 2. Adults and Children in a Polarising World 3. Human Aspects of Digitalisation and Robotisation
We start with an Introduction Meeting in which we focus on community building: you will meet your fellow students, your coach group, the student ambassadors of the Honours FSW track, and the staff members of the Honours FSW track. During this meeting, you will also plan a coach meeting with your coach group and coach.
In three subsequent Expert Sessions, experts will give insight in societal issues related to the themes mentioned above and you will have a discussion in sub groups on a related topic.
In the workshop Healthy Study-Life Balance you will explore a variety of tools to improve your study-life balance. At the end of this meeting, you will be prepared for next year.
There will be no assessment. We encourage your active participation during the meetings.
Language of instruction
Number of participants
Eighty students in total; coach groups consist of five students.
Meetings will take place ONLINE:
1. 15-3-2021 from 18:00 till 20:00: Introduction Meeting
2. 29-3-2021 from 18:00 till 20:00: Expert Session 1: Sustainability and Health
3. 12-4-2021 from 18:00 till 20:00: Expert Session 2: Adults and Children in a Polarising World
4. 19-4-2021 from 18:00 till 20:00: Expert Session 3: Human Aspects of Digitalisation and Robotisation
5. 10-5-2021 from 18:00 till 20:00: Workshop Healthy Study-Life Balance + Closing remarks
The coach meeting will be planned in the period between March 29th and May 10th.
Registration is automatic when your participation is confirmed by email.
If you have any questions, please contact: Honours College FSW