Sanskrit 1, 2, 3 and 4, or equivalent two years of Sanskrit.
This course is combined with Sanskrit 4. Students can choose one of the two texts on offer. The texts are introduced at the first meeting and may vary from year to year. We will read these texts together and discuss issues of grammar, syntax, translation and interpretation. The course requires active preparation and participation.
- Enhanced understanding of different forms and styles of Sanskrit
• Improved reading and translation skills
• Increase of the student’s range of Sanskrit vocabulary
• Knowledge of aspects of ancient Indian culture through reading authentic texts
• Translate an unseen passage of Sanskrit
See website .
Mode of instruction
Two written exams: one at the end of the first block (40%) and one at the end of the second block (60%), covering the material read during each block. Both exams contain a seen and an unseen passage of the selected text.
To be announced at the first meeting.
Registration via uSis is obligatory.