Topics covered include photo physics, protein folding, self organized systems and pattern formation, cell networks, molecular motors, gene regulation, and bioinformatics.
Study Goals: An understanding of the physical principles underlying the many facets of modern biological physics, as well as an appreciation of their biological context.
Lectures, 2 hours a week.
Syllabus: See blackboard.
Form of examination
Two problem sets handed out during the course which will account for 30% of final grade. The remainder (70 %) will be determined by the final exam.
Lecturer: Prof.dr. M. Dogterom (Marileen)
More information can be found on Blackboard.