Having successfully finished 5481K2INE Indonesian Language 2. Please, contact the student advisor, Nicole A.N.M. van Os or Dhr. Dr. A.T.P.G. van Engelenhoven, if you are interested in taking this course, but do NOT fulfill the abovementioned requirement.
Indonesian 3 is the third part of the intensive language course for beginners where students continue to learn Indonesian structures and vocabulary, as well as cultural knowledge that is necessary for effective communication in this language.
Enhancing active and passive proficiency (Indonesian level about B2), with special attention to enlarging vocabulary and enhancing insight in different language uses. Because the new vocabulary is provided in context the student will gain a better insight in subtle semantic differences. Also the student will gain a better insight in how Indonesian is used in Indonesia. The level aimed at in the European Reference Frame is B2.
Mode of instruction
Total course load for the course: 280 hours.
Hours spent on attending lectures and seminars: 60 hours.
Approximate time for preparing for classes by studying the course materials and memorizing and revising the vocabulary: 136 hours
Approximate time for completing the homework: 84 hours
1) Weekly homework: 40% of the final grade
2) Oral exam at the end of the course: 30% of the final grade
3) Written exam at the end of the course: 30% of the final grade
In order to pass the course, students must obtain an overall mark of “6” or higher. An exam resit is possible only for elements 2 and 3 (total of 60%), and only if the student participated in the first examinations and received an overall mark for the course of “5” or lower.)
The course is an integrated whole. The final examination and the assignments must be completed in the same academic year. No partial marks can be carried over into following years.
- Asyik berbahasa Indonesia, jilid 2 / Indonesian grammar through communicative activities, vol. 2, composed by Ellen Rafferty, Molly Burns and Shintia Argazali-Thomas.
- Ayo ngobrol / Conversational Indonesian, vol. 2, composed by Ellen Rafferty, Erlin Barnard and Lucy Suharni.