Personality, Clinical and Health Psychology
The course examines themes from a bio-psychological and social perspective, thus studying different theoretical models as well as different topics within the field of sexology. The course covers such topics as:
- Sexual development in childhood, adolescence and adulthood until an older age.
- The anatomy and physiology of the sexual response in women and men.
- Sexual dysfunction in men and women: aetiology and treatment options.
- Sexual diversity.
- Research on human sexuality.
- Paraphilias and gender identity disorder.
- Sexual abuse and its effects. What is known about sexual abusers.
After completion of the course, students are able to:
- Describe different theoretical models of human sexuality;
- Describe sexual dysfunctions in men and women. and recognise some of the possible aetiologies for different dysfunctions;
- Describe which treatment(s ) will be indicated for a specific sexual problem; and
- Explain different methods in sex research.
For the timetables of your lectures, workgroups, and exams, select your study programme.
Students need to register for lectures, workgroups and exams.
Instructions for registration in courses for the 2nd and 3rd year
For information on registration periods consult the bachelor course registration
Elective students have to enroll for each course separately. For admission requirements contact your study advisor.
For admission requirements, please contact your exchange coordinator.
Students are not automatically enrolled for an examination. They can register via uSis from 100 to 10 calendar days before the date; students who are not registered will not be permitted to take the examination.
Registering for exams
Mode of instruction
8 2-hour lectures
A written exam consisting of multiple choice (20) and open questions (5).
Regulations on grade calculation.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences has instituted that instructors use a software programme for the systematic detection of plagiarism in students’ written work. In case of fraud disciplinary actions will be taken. Please see the information concerning fraud.
- Bancroft, J. (2009). Human sexuality and its problems., third edition . ISBN 9780443051616
- Additional articles available via Blackboard