In this workshop the student will acquire communication skills of a high and academic level. The student will learn the usual formats in which academic research is presented. The course will work with the student´s own research material of their thesis. The aim of the course is to train to communicate these results in different formats. For example a conference: to orally present the research findings to an academic audience, and to learn the requirements for a PhD research proposal, and the criteria for publication in a scientific journal, and the format for a funding application. At the end of the course, the student will choose one of the writing formats as a final assignment. The student will recognize the relevance and potential of these academic skills for his/her professional future.
- Adquirir conocimiento de los principales géneros de la presentación académica.
- The ability to give persuasive oral presentations;
- The ability to engage in the international academic debate.
- build an argument that leads to its conclusion in a clear, coherent, and verifiable manner
- reflect critically on the role played by the graduates´personal points of view and interests;
- Learn skills to present a research project with a great degree of independence
Mode of instruction
5 EC = 140 hours in total.
Hours in class: 28 hours
Hours of making assignments: 112 hours
Oral presentation (20%)
Short assignments (30%)
Final assignment (50%) (At the end of the course, the student will choose one of the writing formats as a final assignment.)
If the final grade is lower than 6.0, there will be a re-sit. The re-sit is the revision of the final assignment (100%).
Blackboard will be used for:
- providing study materials
To be announced.
Enrolment through uSis is mandatory.
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
For questions about the content of the course, you can contact the teacher:
Dr. N. Timmer
Coordinator of Studies: M.A.G. van Leeuwen MA
Administrations Office: van Wijkplaats