- Only open to master students of the MSc Psychology.
- Mandatory courses as specified in the Course and Examination Regulations.
Aim of the internship is that students gain hands-on experience in their area of interest by learning from expert researchers in the field. It is recommended that students become acquainted with various research designs and/or methods of data collection and analysis that extend those employed for their thesis. Students could do this by participating, for example, in designing a study, data collection and data analyses, observing lab and testing situations and reading the involved research proposals. At the end of their internship, students write an internship report.
Students gain hands-on experience in their area of interest by learning from expert researchers in the field. They become acquainted with various research designs and/or methods of data collection and analysis that extend those employed for their thesis.
In the internship, students learn to:
* apply their knowledge, understanding and problem solving abilities in a new and unfamiliar task environment within a broader (or multi-disciplinary) context related to their field of specialisation.
* integrate knowledge and handle complexity by formulating judgements with incomplete or limited information. These judgments should reflect social and ethical responsibilities.
* the internship also provides students an opportunity to learn how to communicate their judgements (and the knowledge and rationale underpinning these judgments) clearly and unambiguously to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Individual supervision meetings
Registration with internship coordinator of the specialisation of the student.
Mode of instruction
280 practical hours.
The student writes an internship report. Assessment by a university staff member and, if applicable, by the daily supervisor in the institute where the internship has taken place. The final assessment is by the university staff member based on a set of evaluation criteria specific for the Master specialisation of the student.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences has instituted that instructors use a software programme for the systematic detection of plagiarism in students’ written work. In case of fraud disciplinary actions will be taken. Please see the information concerning fraud.
Relevant literature on the topic of the research.
The internship coordinator of the specialisation of the student