What are the critical challenges in organising a firm’s operational activities and processes? And how can firms use technology to gain an operational edge? This course helps students understand the complex systems and processes underlying the development and manufacture of products and the design and delivery of services.
- How to formalise and analyse operational processes across industries and functional areas
- Challenges involved in terms of integrating operational processes across organisations
- The organisation of the product development process
- The use of IT in optimising operational processes
In this course students will learn about foundational techniques and concepts related to the design, planning, control, and improvement of a firm’s operational processes in manufacturing, service design/delivery, and new product development.
- Course: Monday to Friday 14:00 – 17:00 hrs, October 30th – November 8th 2017
- Exam: November 10th 2017
Semester 2: click here for the schedule
Mode of instruction
8 3 hour lectures
Final 3 hour exam
To be decided
The course emphasises small-scale, interactive teaching that focuses on real-life case studies. Students will be debriefed, in hindsight, on what really happened.
A study pack with course readings and case studies will be provided at the start of the course.
Students can register for the course in uSis. Click here for instructions.
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
Registration Studeren à la carte via: www.hum.leidenuniv.nl/onderwijs/alacarte
Registration Contractonderwijs via: http://www.hum.leidenuniv.nl/onderwijs/contractonderwijs/