Do you want to follow a more in depth thesis trajectory?
Are you looking for inspiration from your fellow students in dealing with the thesis?
Then the Thesis Lab is perfect for you!
The Thesis Lab is a monthly one-day workshop of 10 sessions in all, for third and fourth year KABK students who feel they need a more in depth thesis trajectory. The workshop offers stimulating dialogues with teachers and fellow students from different departments and feedback from guest teachers. The individual theses of the participating students will be the starting point for discussions with the guest teachers.
The topics of the monthly meetings include: the artist as researcher, the psychology of writing, the artist as writer, the art of winning a thesis prize, from thesis to artist’s book, highlighting content by graphic design, …
– All third and fourth year KABK students are invited to sign up by sending an email before Friday 15 September 2017 to the Lectorate Art Theory & Practice: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Participating students of Leiden University will work on a ‘creative writing’ assignment, based on a self-conducted interview with an artist.
– Please note: the number of places is limited, so be sure to apply in due time!
– Application deadline: 15 September 2017 (NB: applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis). When applying, please indicate your preference for Group A or Group B.
– The workshop consists of two-weekly three-hour meetings (10-13 h or 14-17 h) on Wednesdays between September 2017 and January 2018.
– The Thesis Lab is tutored by Winnie Koekelbergh (art historian and lecturer in the department of Fine Arts). Among the guest lecturers are previous winners of the thesis award, artists involved in research and writing, artist books publishers and psychologists.
– Presence at all meetings is obligatory in order to receive study points towards your Individual Study Track (3 EC).
Data, tijden en lokatie
Wednesdays from 10-13 h (Group A) and 14-17 h (Group B).
20 September 2017, 4 October 2017, 25 October 2017, 8 November 2017, 22 November 2017, 6 December 2017, 20 December 2017, 10 January 2018, 24 January 2018 + final presentation (to be determined).
Koninklijke Academie van Beeldende Kunsten, Prinsessegracht 4, 2514 AN Den Haag.
Informatie volgt z.s.m.
### Presentation Thesis Lab 2016/2017
The Thesis Lab will be open on Wednesday September 13, 2017, to all students who are interested in the course. After a brief introduction to the Thesis Lab by Winnie Koekelbergh, several students of the Thesis Lab 2016/2017 will present their thesis and talk about some of the difficulties they faced in the course of their thesis trajectory. The presentations start at 10.00 h in BB.215.
Mode of instruction
Students of Leiden University will work on a ‘creative writing’ assignment, based on a self-conducted interview with an artist.
To be determined.
For further information please contact:
the Academy of Creative and Performing Arts: Dhr. ir. R.T.W.L. (Rogier) Schneemann
the teacher: Mrs. Winnie Koekelbergh.
For more information please refer to:
Leiden University students are invited to sign up by sending an email before Friday 15 September 2017 to the Lectorate Art Theory & Practice: email@example.com.
Other courses within the Academy of Creative and Performing Arts
For other courses in the domains of music and fine arts, please visit:
Elective courses music and fine arts
(uSis registration is not possible for this course. Your study result will be administered in uSis once you complete the course)
For more information: