Read more on the process of finding a supervisor and about the difference between an individual thesis and a capstone project on the Blackboardpage of the thesis.
The required length of the thesis is largely dependent on the topic and the research method(s) used. Should the student and/or the supervisor wish to do so they discuss the required length and set a minimum and maximum length at the start of the project.
Cohort February: exact dates on BB
- Students are assigned to supervisors and first meeting between student and supervisor takes place no later than at the start of block 1.
- Due date of the 1st draft of the entire thesis: early December
- Deadline feedback from the 1st supervisor: end of December
- Due date final thesis: early January
- Deadline defense: end of January
- Submit exam notes at Student Desk in January
Cohort September: exact dates on BB
- Students are assigned to supervisors and first meeting between student and supervisor takes place no later than at the start of block 3.
- Due date of the 1st draft of the entire thesis: half of May.
- Deadline feedback from the 1st supervisor: End of May.
- Due date final thesis: Early June.
- Deadline defense: Before the end of June.
- Submit exam notes at Student Desk before the end of June.
Library use / Leiden catalogue
How to search for books and articles in Leiden? And how do you get hold of the publications you have found, in digital or printed form?
How to quickly and easily search for books or articles of which you have some details? How to search books by subject? And finally how to get hold of the book or article? It might be available online! Learning materials for all sorts of databases, like PiCarta, ERIC or Web of Science, can be found in the Manuals and demo’s on the Libraries website.