Structure: Japanese Grammar I (5691VTJGAY). Japanese studies students. Other students are also welcome to enroll but they must buy the required course books and be able to read kana and elementary kanji.
This unit aims to further develop students’ knowledge of basic Japanese grammar. Lectures on various aspects of Japanese grammar and sentence patterns will be provided together with limited practical exercises. Lectures will cover some of the more complex grammar and structures such as verbs of giving and receiving, potential, passive and causative forms.
Lectures and limited practical exercises.
Japanese studies students. Other students are also welcome to enroll but they must buy the required course books and be able to read kana and elementary kanji.
Understanding of basic elements of Japanese grammar and sentence patterns.
- Minna no Nihongo II Honsatsu (Main Textbook Kanji-kana version) (zie bijv. http://www.3anet.co.jp/english/books/books_01.html), 3A corporation 1998 (or newer edition) (ISBN 4-88319-103-6).
- Minna no Nihongo II Honyaku・Bunpo Kaisetsu in English (Translation & Grammatical Notes in English), 3A corporation 1998 (or newer edition) (ISBN 4-88319-108-7).
- Bunt, Jonathan. Oxford Japanese Grammar & Verbs, Oxford University Press, Oxford 2003 (ISBN 978-0-19-860382-5) (or newer edition).
In addition strongly recommended: Makino, Sei’ichi & Tsutsui, Michio: A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar, The Japan Times (ISBN 4-7890-0454-6).
Written examination at the end of the term on grammar and vocabulary.
Structuur en Weging Taalverwerving Ib (5+ 5+ 5 ec = 15 ec):
Taalkundige structuur II: Japanse grammatica/Structure: Japanese Grammar II (5691VTJGBY) (5 ec): Grammatica II: 70% Vocabulaire II: 30%
Taalbeheersing II (5 ec) 5691VTATBY: Conversatie & Luistervaardigheid II (5691VTCLBY): 60% Kanji-introductie II (5691VTKBY): 40%
Teksten: Beginners niveau II (5 ec) 5691VTMTAY: 100%
Check Links on the first page of the Japanese Studyguide 2011-2012
Please contact Mw. Dr. R.J. Länsisalmi
Enrollment via uSis is mandatory.
For more information about enrollment check Links on the first page of the Japanese Studyguide 2010-2011
Enrollment for A la carte: www.hum.leidenuniv.nl//alacarte
Enrollment for Contractonderwijs: www.hum.leidenuniv.nl//contractonderwijs
Enrollment on Blackboard for grammar notes and slides, course schedule, exercises.
Students can progress within a skill. In order to be able to take for example BA2 1st semester Conversatie & luistervaardigheid (5692VTJCAY), students must first have completed:
1. BA1 Taalverwerving Ia/Taalbeheersing I/Conversatie & Luistervaardigheid I (5691VTCLAY)
2. BA1 Taalverwerving Ib/Taalbeheersing II/Conversatie & Luistervaardigheid II (5691VTCLBY)
In order to advance to the 2nd semester of BA3 Taalverwerving IIIb (5693VTMJBY), ALL other language courses must be completed first.