Literary Studies: Literature in Society. Europe and Beyond
Literature in Society. Europe and Beyond is a specialisation within the MA Literary Studies. The programme is structured as follows:
Core course: Literature in Society: Narrative, fiction, voice
Elective 1: one of the Literature in Society electives
Elective 2: choose between:
- One of the Literature in Society electives
- European Modernism
- Working Through 9/11
- American comics against the code
- Crisis, Literature and the Humanities
Elective 3: choose between:
- The courses mentioned under Elective 1 and Elective 2 or
- Another course on literature & culture from a related MA. Its subject should be about the relationship between literature and political or social issues, in a transnational perspective. If you choose this option you must always ask the board of examiners for approval.
- An internship. Please note that you can only do an internship after obtaining 20 credits in course work.
MA thesis (20 EC)
Students starting in September take the core course and two electives in their first semester. In their second semester they take another elective and write their MA thesis. Students starting in February take three electives in their first semester. In the Fall semester they take the core course and write their MA thesis.