Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences: Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Communication
Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Communication is a specialisation of the Master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences (BPS).
The programme has a duration of two years (120 EC) and includes a research subprogramme (60—80 EC) and a communication programme (40—60 EC).
The research subprogramme includes the following components:
- A research project to be conducted at Division or in Discipline of the Leiden branch of the Leiden/Amsterdam Center for Drug Research (LACDR) (50 EC)
- Two lecture series of BPS (4 EC each), to be chosen from the ones listed below.
- Course Scientific Conduct ( 1 EC)
- Attending 20 lectures and colloquia of BPS Master’s students
- Optional: extension of the BPS research subprogramme by attending additional lecture series of BPS or other courses in life science or medicine (0—20EC)
The communication subprogramme includes the following mandatory and optional components:
- Science Communication & Society Fundamentals (17 EC)
- Internship (23—34 EC)
- Master’s thesis (5 EC)
- Research to prepare the Master’s thesis (4 EC)
- Courses to be chosen in the context of the SCS programme (0—8 EC)
- Extension of the BPS research subprogramme (0—20 EC)
For more information log on to the web site of
Science Communication & Society