A pre-master track is intended for students who want to start a master in Archaeology, but who have a bachelor’s degree that does not fully meet the requirements of the chosen MA programme.
Deficiencies in the bachelor can be elimiated by means of a pre-master track, with a maximum of 60 ects.
The following BA graduates, whose intended MA specialisations do not concur with their previous education, are eligible for a pre-master in Archaeology:
- Archaeology at Leiden University
- other Dutch universities and HBO institutes (higher vocational education)
- foreign universities
What you need in order to be admitted to a pre-master track in Archaeology:
- BA (university or HBO) obtained
- deficiencies with a maximum of 60 ects
- the track and its courses are chosen in consultation with the Admission Committee and pre-master coordinator
- you will only be admitted to the 2 foci you are applying for.
Please note: these conditions will not automatically ensure you of admission to the pre-master track. Every application will be assessed individually.
An interview may be part of the selection procedure.
The application procedure is as follows:
* Apply for the MA in Archaeology, via the UniLeidenMasters website.
* The Admission Committee decides if you can be directly admitted to the MA or not. If you need to take a pre-master programme, the Admission Committee will send you a tailor-made proposal for a pre-master track.
* After your track has been approved, you need to apply for the BA in Archaeology via Studielink.
* If you have been admitted, send in your definitive pre-master programme before 15 June.
Pre-master tracks start every September 1st. The deadline for application is 15 May.
For additional information and application please contact Audrey Aijpassa.
There are 3 pre-master tracks: 15 ects, 30 ects, and 60 ects (see the tabs below), plus a separate track for 4th-year students at Saxion Next in Deventer.